CMS Beta

Please post in here with questions and thoughts about the manual so that we can ensure the best possible play experience once the game starts.

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:30 am

CMS Beta

The CMS is almost ready for beta, I'd like some people who can maybe test tomorrow and Tuesday running through some turns.

Economy
-calc income based on territories owned
-calc how much upkeep you're spending
-Add production, and calculate production
-Send money via transfers

Military
-Select where units can go (constrained by adjacent territories to where they currently are)
-Allow you to specify a target unit type other than what they're best at
-Keeps track of location and hp for units

I am working on the final bit which is a turn generator, basically takes everything you've modified this turn, locks it in, and prepares the next turn for you to work on. Expect that by Tuesday.

General: Francisco Madero

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:34 am

Re: CMS Beta

i can test all day!

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:04 pm

I have a few players setup testing... will be around tonight if you wanna be setup.

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:54 pm

We're setting a deadline... All players must use the CMS for their turns submitting next Sunday, May 1st. You may use it for your turns in the mean time, just make sure it is up to date. We recommend you do it ahead of time to make sure you aren't running around at the last minute.

It isn't pretty yet, and it does still have bugs - but the only way to stamp them out is to get you guys in there and using it. If you haven't been setup already, IM me and I will. You can dick around a bit if you want, it's easy to reset the turns back to 1 if you need me to... but I'd suggest holding off on messing with transfers since they affect others' orders.

You'll need to redo your orders starting with turn 1. Go ahead and make them look like you did when you were mailing the excel files. Production should be in the amounts and locations they were. I usually am starting off all units in one province, you can use the move features to get them to where they should be. For those of you that had battles and were pushed back, go ahead and leave them where they were until the turn you actually succeeded.

We've got some setup to do, but once we do this should make doing turns MUCH easier, should make GMing MUCH easier, and will mean WT info out much earlier. Everyone wins!

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:13 pm

I've set it up so until we're all caught up, you can directly edit your own HP for those of you who were in battles. Everyone else just ignore it.

The way we handled it in the past was if a unit dies, I'll set the HP to 0 for that next turn so you can see what happened... then when the following turn is generated, the units with 0 hp don't get carried over.

Return to Pre-Game Rules Discussion