The current election

In-character and on-topic discussions.

General: Victoriano Huerta

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:35 pm

The current election

Friends and Countrymen,
It is no secret that the situation I feared just a few months ago has indeed come to pass. The unwarranted aggression in the North has embroiled our country in the flames of war, and I believe this country needs a strong leader to heal the wounds that have cut us so deep. In airing my fears previously, I had hoped to prevent this tragedy through words and diplomacy. I thought together we could lead our nation through these times of trouble. No longer. Governance by committee will clearly not work, and it is for this reason that I have called a Presidential election, for which I now publicly declare myself a candidate.

I look forward to the coming election, and respectfully submit to the people that I have the geographic ties to both North and South, the diplomatic will, and the military experience and determination, to bring our country together and lead it through this current crisis and to prosperity beyond. I hope I can count on your vote in the election.

My thanks,
V. Huerta

Ara

General: Francisco “Pancho” Villa

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:04 am

Re: The current election

Unwarranted aggression? Is it unwarranted to put down a rabid dog before he attacks a child? No, no Victoriano, this was not an unwarranted attack. It was with heavy hearts that Francisco and I launched our attack on a "general" who was little more than a common brigand. A man who launched a terrorist attack upon my people and would never follow an elected official. He set himself up as a tyrant and he had to be taken from power.

Mexico belongs to the people, the farmers and peasants deserve to be heard. In this election the people will speak, and the people wish for the glories of the North to be shared with all of their brothers. This country needs a strong man to lead it, one that thinks with his heart as well as his head. One with a strong arm, though with the intelligence to know when it must be raised. In these lights, I declare myself as a candidate as well. The Villistas shall lead Mexico into a new age.

Viva la Villistas, viva del Norte, Viva Mexico!

General: Francisco Madero

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Viva la Villistas, viva del Norte, Viva Mexico!

General: Porfirio Diaz

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:29 am

My Fellow Citizens,

This fighting has grown ugly; wolves have turned on one another and taken out the weakest in their pack. While this isn't all that surprising, it has had a major destabilizing effect on all of Mexico. I hope that the inaction of Guiterrez thus far has been for self-preservation and not an indicator of support for the animal actions of his neighbors. We continue to stagger ahead without a leader and the strength of the bandits grow. With all due respect to Huerta, what Mexico needs now is not words, but actions. As we gather for the election next turn, we need to think carefully about our collective future. We need a leader who will take action to bring peace again to this great land.

In order to provide that experienced leadership, I am submitting my candidacy for the position of El Presidente. We can and will bring peace again to this great land and punish those who have brought disorder upon us. Are we Mexicans or Mexican'ts?

General: Victoriano Huerta

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:53 pm

dpadams wrote: With all due respect to Huerta, what Mexico needs now is not words, but actions.

Why is it that when politicians speak the words "with all due respect", they follow by contradicting themselves!? If you were saying something with the respect due to me, Victoriano Huerta, it would be to agree with my statement and back me in the election, if you respect me at all.

With all due respect, Diaz, you are a dog.
With all due respect, you were a cancer upon Mexico when you held the office of Presidente.
With all due respect, I would die rather than see you resume the stranglehold you held over this nation. Your corruption knew no bounds, your nepotism was infamous, and your barbarism was only matched by your complete and utter contempt for the rule of law.

With all due respect, Diaz, when I am Presidente, I swear that I will see you brought to justice for your crimes against the Mexican people.

Let the election come.

Return to The Floor